How do I change DNS for a domain?
You can change your DNS pointer like A-record, CNAME and MX-record for your domain directly in the control panel.
This is done by:
- Go to Home and then click on Hosted Domains in the bottom to the right
- Click on the domain you want to change the settings for
- Then go to the DNS tab and click DNS Register
Under DNS Register you can create new records, change existing records or delete those that you do not want to keep. If you upload your own MX-pointers for example, you need to consider deactivating the ones that were initially there.
When you need to create an SPF-record you need to choose TXT.
If you wish to erase or deactivate a record, click on the existing record en then on Delete if you want to delete it completely. Otherwise click on Deactivate Record in case you want to save it for future use.
Examples of different kinds of records:
- A-record: Always ponts towards an IP-number: (18.104.22.168)
- CNAME-record: Always points towards a host name: (faq.crystone.com)
- MX-record: Usualy points towards several host names: (vsp1.crystone.com, vsp2.crystone.com)
- SPF-record: Is written as a text: (v=spf1 a mx ptr include:crystone.com ~all)