What is the difference between Windows and Linux?Windows and Linux are two different operating systems where Linux is the more popular one. Since Linux-based servers is more popular, it has more features in a web designer’s view. If you have a webpage that doesn’t require Windows applications, Linux is the server for you.
Our Shared Web Hosting include both Windows and Linux, so you don’t have to choose between Windows and Linux when you order Web Hosting.
You have to make the decision when you order a VPS or a Dedicated Server from us. This guide will help you understand the main difference between Windows and Linux, and if you have any questions just give us a call!
Linux Applications that requires a server with Linux Operating System:
- Cron Job
Windows Applications that requires a server with Windows Operating System:
- ASP Classic
- MSSQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- MS Access (Microsoft Access)
- Visual Basic Development
- Remote Desktop (Only VPS’s and Dedicated Servers)
We offer our customers the simple solution to host a Control Panel on all of our services. When you order a server we make sure that it comes with a Control Panel to help you setup and get started within minutes.
- cPanel, we install cPAnel on all servers that is running on Linux Operating System
- Plesk, we install Plesk on all servers that is running on Windows Operating System
- Shared Web Hosting, all Shared Web Hosting comes with Crystone Control Panel (Plesk)