How do I change file permissions in Linux?
If you have a Linux web hotel and want the change the permission rules for your files you:
- Go to Home and Hosted domains in the bottom to the right
- Click on a domain name that is linked to the Linux web hotel
- Go to the file manager and the httpdoc-folder
- Under permissions (to the right) you can see some letters (e.g. rwxr-xr-x)
- Click on this combination and a window will appear where you can choose the people that will have reading and writing permission for the files
We suggest you use 755
for your files.